Speakers for vinyl play are not just your everyday speakers. You have to be very keen when selecting them to get good quality audio. When you have a vinyl turntable and a breathtaking collection of records, you should enjoy them with an extraordinary set of speakers. Most people are not aware that speakers for vinyl are somewhat different and end up not getting the maximum audio output when they use regular speakers. If you are wondering what kind of speakers for a vinyl player you should get, worry no more. This list will guide you through a collection of the best speakers for vinyl.
- 1 Reviews of the Top 10 Best Speakers for Vinyl in 2018
- 2 Conclusion
Reviews of the Top 10 Best Speakers for Vinyl in 2018
10. Edifier R1280T
The outward appearance of the Edifier R1280T is captivating and neat, fit to blend in with most colors. The quality sound is impressive, with the bass and treble redefining your listening experience. This type of speakers for vinyl brings out a clear-cut booming midrange that invites anyone. It weighs 4.9 kgs net. In addition to that, it has a 3.5mm connecting cable and a dual RCA input.
- It comes with a 4-inch diameter woofer.
- It has a half-inch diameter tweeter providing a range of voicings.
- Use of the remote swiftly executes its controls.
- It also has two aux ports for more connections. That means that you can connect more speakers for better and louder voice.
- It is a powered set hence does not need any other equipment for functionality.
- It comes with a connection speaker wire and aux.
- The side controls on the right side of the speaker can be cumbersome to reach.
9. Mackie CR3 CR Series 3
This is a great recommendation as Mackie has over 20 years of experience in designing true reference monitors. This speaker for vinyl delivers extraordinary functionality and has high-quality components. The stereo sound is 50W from two woofers with 3-inch measurements. Mackie CR3’s frequency response range is 80Hz and 20 KHz. Dimensions are 6.2 x 5.5 x 8.2 inches. The weight is 9.4 lbs.
- It comes with accurate reference monitors with 3-inch polypropylene-coated woofers.
- It has 75-inch silk tweeters.
- The birch cabinets of the speakers are designed to last and enhance sound quality.
- It has a headphone jack at the front.
- Its low purchase price for good quality is remarkable.
- It is also elementary to set
- The passive speakers may not work on the purchase.
8. Edifier R1700BT
The Edifier R1700BT speaker for vinyl keeps you wanting to use them on every device. This versatile speaker has multifunctional excellence illuminating from its bookshelf Bluetooth speakers. It is built in Digital Signal Processing and Dynamic Range Control to avert distortion. The adjustable bass and tremble ensure that you listen as per your comfort expectations. Dimensions are 8.4 x 9.1 x 9.9 inches. The weight is 14.55 lbs.
- It comes with a slick wireless remote.
- It has a dual RCA to dual RCA audio cable
- The speakers come enclosed in a specific walnut vinyl.
- The design and its tiltability at an angle of 10 degrees are ideal for excellent sound direction.
- The dials on the side of the speaker allow easy control of bass, treble, and
- The sound quality is top-notch. It is worth appreciating since as much as it is the expectation of many people, quality sound is not typical to all the speakers.
- The high volume and bass can come in contact with the covers.
7. Audioengine A2+
This speaker for vinyl has a midrange of 4.5 inches, dimensions measuring 8.85 inches in height, with a width of 4.9 inches and diameter of 6.3 inches. Its design demands that you place it on the table. Nevertheless, the sound is audible from every corner of the room. The speakers’ amplifier is dual class-AB monolithic. It has a frequency response of 65Hz to 22 kHz. Both speakers weigh 6.61 pounds.
- Designed for desktop but sound amazing across any room.
- USB digital audio and subwoofer output connections.
- It has an impeccable quality of sound.
- They are a favorable small size for computer speakers.
- They also have multiple inputs.
- As for the satellite speaker wire, it may be too short for some users.
6. SVS Prime Satellite Speaker
The purchase of this speaker for vinyl is a high recommendation. The SVS Prime Satellite Speaker has a unique audiophile design and high-end quality components precisely built to offer a listening experience that no other satellite speaker can. The frequency response is 69 Hz to 25 kHz. The noise level is about 3 dB. It weighs 6.5 pounds. The assembled depth is 6.3 inches with the product dimensions measuring 4.9 inches x 6 inches x 8.8 inches.
- The product comes with powerful drivers from the SVS Ultra Series technology.
- It has 1” aluminum dome tweeter using an FEA-optimized diffuser.
- It also has a midrange of 4.5 inches.
- It has a powered woofer producing excellent bass.
- The design of the speaker makes it convenient for fitting anywhere.
- The keyhole mounting point is limiting on the installation techniques.
5. Q Acoustics 3020
This speaker for vinyl is another one that is also an excellent choice. The look is appealing, and the size is relatively small. Its deep bass is mind blowing and powerful. The frequency response is 64 Hz to 22 kHz. It weighs 10.14 pounds, and its dimensions are 8.9 x 6.7 x 10.3 inches.
- Its packaging includes a five-year
- The 3020 speaker for vinyl has a 5-inch drive unit.
- It has the new 3000 series concentric ring dome tweeter.
- It comes as a pair.
- The sensitivity is 88 dB.
- Its outstanding fit and finishing make it stylish.
- The sound is incredible and loud enough.
- The bass is not that heavy and may come as a disappointment to some customers.
4. JBL Studio 230
The JBL Studio 320 speaker for vinyl delivers the purest and legendary sound. Its frequency response is between 52 Hz and 22 kHz. The speakers weigh 40 pounds and measure 25 x 15 x 19 inches. The look is sophisticated to fit the 21st Century trends. It has 1” CMMD Lite high-frequency driver to enhance your listening experience.
- 5-inch PloyPlas driver that delivers powerful bass.
- It has High Definition Imaging and natural balance which provides high-quality
- The speakers come with gold-plated binding-post speaker terminals.
- Its sensitivity is about 88 dB.
- Audible audio output.
- The speakers deliver upper register frequencies smoothly.
- The design system may be a problem because the speakers are part of a home theatre design system.
3. Klipsch RP-160M
Another speaker for vinyl that delivers high performance is the Klipsch RP-160M. It has a frequency response of 43 Hz to 24 kHz. The weight is 9.0 kg. The audio system is a monitor speaker. The dimensions are width 8.8 inches, depth 12.9 inches, and height 16.7 inches.
- Its system is made up of a 1inch Linear Travel Suspension Titanium Tweeter.
- It has a 5-inch cone woofer made of copper.
- It comes in an MDF cabinet with polished veneer baffle finish.
- It has fantastic imaging.
- The sound is of exemplary quality.
- The sensitivity of the speakers requires careful use.
2. KEF Q100
The KEF Q100 speaker for vinyl comes as a pair. The weight of the speakers is 5.9 kg. The speakers’ amplification type is passive and recommended amplifier power is 10 Watts. The connection is wired and is best placed on a bookshelf. It has a frequency response of 49 Hz.
- It comes with a 25-inch Uni-Q driver array that deals with frequencies from 49 Hz-40 kHz from one source.
- The size is reasonably
- It has a balanced stereo image.
- It provides true and clear sound output.
- The speakers can be used without a sub.
- The bass is not as deep without a subwoofer.
1. Cambridge Aeromax 2
These fine speakers for vinyl are a sure purchase. The Cambridge Aeromax 2 comes in a pair. It has been tuned to the maximum and is more superior to its former speaker. The speakers’ weight is 15.96 pounds. The dimensions are 8 x 13.2 x 14.6 inches. It has a frequency response of 40 Hz to 22 kHz. The recommended amplifier power is 25-120 Watts.
- They come with new speaker terminals.
- They have improved 2-way crossover.
- The internal cabling is of high quality.
- Bracing of the cabinets is superior.
- The speakers have a smoother midrange because they use BMRs instead of tweeters
- The sound output is well balanced.
- The color options are limited to only gloss black or white.
Different speaker sets are compartmentalized for a certain type of sound for example bass while others are meant for general use. For a vinyl player, speakers for vinyl should be used to satisfy the audio expectations and give you a good musical experience. Make the invaluable choice of purchasing any of the above speakers for vinyl.
- Top 10 Best Tower Speakers in 2018
- Best Waterproof Speakers in 2018
- Top 10 Best Computer Speakers in 2018