Landing the best monitor speakers can be quite challenging. Where to go? What are the perfect brands to look at? Which is the ideal Size? Is the material durable? What is the weight? People ask themselves this questions. There are many monitor speakers on the market. Your choice should be according to the purpose for which you intend to use the monitor speaker whether for home studios, recording studios, radio studios among other professional audio production applications. One should do some prior research to come to a conclusion on which monitor speaker is best suitable for their needs. In order to make your work much easier, this list compiles the best monitor speakers in 2018.
- 1 Reviews of the Top 10 Best Monitor Speakers in 2018
- 2 Conclusion
Reviews of the Top 10 Best Monitor Speakers in 2018
10. Creative Labs 51MF1610AA002
The Creative Labs 51MF1610AA002 has a 2.0 speaker system ideal for music and gaming users. The monitor speakers produce a sleek and realistic sound. The dimensions of the speaker are 5.6 x 3.5 x 9.1 inches. It weighs 5.75 pounds. The maximum frequency response is 20 kHz, and the minimum response is 50 Hz. Its RMS output power is 28 Watts.
- It comes in an elegant black finishing.
- It utilizes the BasXPort technology giving out a strong and powerful bass minus a subwoofer.
- It has convenient access to volume, bass, treble and input jacks from the front.
- It can work with other audio sources like TV.
- Customers have complained about the blue light on the volume control.
- No deep subwoofer bass if that is what you seek.
9. Edifier R1280T
It is a fantastic monitor speaker. The Edifier R1280T has an attractive look and modern sound. It has the go-to 2.0 speaker system. The speaker’s audio connecting cable measures 3.5mm. Its total output power is 21W*2. The weight is 4.9 kg net. Its dimensions are 5.75 x 9.5 x 7 inches in width, height, and diameter consecutively.
- The monitor speaker has a 4-inch bass driver.
- It has dual RCA input.
- It comes with a remote control for hassle-free
- The audio performance is compelling.
- It can connect to other audio devices.
- There are no wireless functions.
- You will get distorted sound at very extreme volumes.
8. Mackie CR3 CR Series 3
This product is one of the best monitor speakers in the market. A good recommendation since its manufacturers rides for 20 years’ plus experience in designing true reference monitors. The Mackie CR3 CR Series 3 delivers an out of the world sound experience. The stereo sound power is 50W. It has two woofers with 3-inch measurements. The monitor speaker’s frequency response range is 80 Hz to 20 KHz.
- Headphone jack at the front.
- The sound system has accurate reference monitors.
- 75-inch silk tweeters to enhance sound quality
- The cabinet is all-wood.
- Input choices of 1/4inches, 1/8 inches or RCA.
- Excellent quality sound for a fair price.
- Simple installation and set-up.
- Frequencies below 200 Hz are a train wreck.
7. M-Audio AV42
The M-Audio is your go-to when looking to upgrade to a high end crystal-clear defined sound. The standalone monitor speakers come with a 4-inch woofer. The weight is 7.49 pounds. The product dimensions are 7.1 x 5.8 x 8.4 inches. It has an output wattage of 20 watts, and the woofer has a wattage of 10 watts.
- It comes in a compact design making it easy to install.
- It has a 4-inch woofer for high-quality bass production.
- The amplifier is 20 Watt per channel with class A/B build-up for delivering punchy sound reproduction.
- It has RCA inputs for connectivity purposes to gaming systems, mixers and many more.
- Compatible with most devices like phone and tablet.
- Retailed at a very affordable price.
- The aux-in and phones out port are at the front giving easy access.
- The design limits use to media production and gaming.
6. Pioneer DM-40-W
Pioneer DM-40-W is a monitor speaker that delivers high-quality sound. The weight is 12.4 pounds. Its measurements are 15.6*10.6*13.6 inches. It comes in black color. The connector types are RCA and a mini-jack. The monitor speaker’s output wattage is 21 watts.
- It comes with 4-inch fiberglass woofers for strong punchy bass.
- It has ¾ inch soft dome tweeters.
- Class AB amplifier for crisp sound production.
- It has RCA and stereo jack inputs at the back.
- It is easy to use and execute controls.
- It also produces clear, high-quality
The monitor speaker is not large enough to serve a big room.
5. Edifier R1700BT
The Edifier R17000Bt is yet another high performing monitor speaker. The speaker has built-in Digital Signal Processing and Dynamic Range Control for preventing distortion. Its total power output is RMS 15W*2+18W*2. The frequency response ranges from 60 Hz to 20 kHz. Its bass driver is 4 inch, and the treble driver is 19 mm.
- It has a 3mm headphone output.
- 0 powered speaker system for maximum performance.
- It comes with 4 inch RCA to RCA cable, 4 inch 3.5 mm to RCA cable and a 5-meter speaker cable.
- The packaging includes a remote control.
- Excellent Bluetooth connection.
- High sound quality.
- The treble is slightly thin.
- The controls are not well finished.
4. PreSonus Eris E4.5
The PreSonus Eris E4.5 is the smallest monitor speaker in the PreSonus Eris studio monitor products. Its amplifier is 25 W of continuous power per channel. It is built in class AB providing enough power for near-field use. The design of cabinets is sophisticated, made of MDF and covered in the black vinyl finish. The frequency response is 80 Hz to 20 kHz. Its EQ is high/mid variable controlled (-6 to +6dB).
- It has a 4.5 inch Kevlar low-frequency
- It comes with a 1-inch ultra-low mass silk dome high-frequency
- The manufacturer settled for the 2-way design for active studio monitor speakers with the accurate sound output.
- The speakers are well put
- Volume controls and power switch are at the front for easy access.
- The LED light is irritating and annoying.
3. KRK RP5G3-NA Rokit 5
This Generation 3 powered speaker delivers maximum performance for a long time. It is a recommended choice for a monitor speaker. The speakers come in a pair. The weight is 33 pounds. Its dimensions are 25*15*11 inches. The speakers’ power source is AC.
- The amplifier is class A/B and bi-amped to offer large headroom and minimal distortion.
- It has 1 Soft-dome tweeter for sound clarity.
- It has a high-frequency adjustment to tailor the system to the user’s taste.
- Clear and powerful sound.
- The controls at the back come in handy when balancing.
- Audio connection cables are not part of the package.
- The auto-standby can be irritating.
2. Yamaha HS8
The Yamaha HS8 is one of the best monitor speakers. The best company in the music equipment realm makes it. The HS8 monitor speaker features newly developed transducers for a smooth response over a wide range of bandwidth. The weight is 28.4 pounds. Dimensions measure 14 x 16 x 21 inches. Its output wattage is 120. The frequency response is 38 Hz to 30 kHz for ideal flat frequency response.
- The speaker’s design includes a built-in high-performance amplifier unit for best sound resolution.
- It has an 8-inch cone woofer.
- It also has a 1-inch dome tweeter that facilitates quality sound.
- The manufacturer has designed the HS8 cabinets in such a way that they eliminate unwanted sounds, increasing output production.
- It is a product by a trusted manufacturer.
- The speaker has room control and also high trim response controls.
- It is ideal for big rooms as they can be a bit too much for a small space.
- The heavy focused bass affects the mid-range.
1. Adam Audio A7X
It is the best monitor speaker from Adam’s and the best-selling. It has also received the Best Studio Monitor Award. The A7X is not a monitor speaker you would want to miss out on having. It has a tweeter powered by a 50 Watt A/B amplifier. The bass comes as a result of a 100 Watt PWM amplifier for clean audio production. The 7-inch woofer functions at a frequency range of 42 Hz to 2.5 kHz. The output wattage is 100 Watts. Its dimensions are 7.9 x 11 x 13.3 inches.
- It has a carbon enclosed 7-inch
- The speaker utilizes a German handmade precision X-ART Tweeter.
- Powerful bass response.
- It can reproduce any sonic detail no matter how small.
- Excellent sound quality and performance.
- It is expensive.
A purchase of any of the above monitor speakers will never come as a disillusionment. There are many options to choose from, but the compiled list of the best monitor speakers in 2018 will give you a listening experience like no other. That means value for your money. The purchase is easy. Just get online, and order and your monitor speaker will be delivered at your doorstep.
- Top 10 Best Speakers for Vinyl in 2018
- Best Vintage Speakers in 2018
- Top 10 Best Gaming Speakers in 2018