Reviews of the Top 10 Best Home Theater Speakers in 2018
10. JBL Arena B15 Black Bookshelf & Surround Speaker with Special Edition
Design: A box-like, sturdy build, these home theater speakers will adorn your space with a modern and highly sophisticated touch. The structure of the speakers is as such that you could use this as a utility table for books or accessories while enjoying its premium sound quality.
Sensitivity: 86 dB
Crossover Frequencies: 2.5 kHz – 18 dB/octave
Frequency Response: 100 Hz – 40 kHz
Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Because of its 1-inch soft dome tweeter and a subwoofer, these home theater speakers provide with impeccable highs.
- Its cabinet-like shape helps you to fit this home theater speakers anywhere you wish and it will be meshing with the aesthetics effortlessly.
- Some of the bass capabilities seem to be below the mark from the average home theater speakers.
9. Acoustic Audio AA5170 Home Theater 5.1 Bluetooth Speaker System
Design: A mega, 6-unit home theater speakers system that is designed for the sole purpose of satisfying any musical fantasies. The exterior of the speakers is sturdy and box-like, enabling easy fitting. Comes with a remote-control operating system so that you do not have to find yourself getting up repetitively.
Power Rating: 700 W
Power Supply: 120 V
Frequency Response: 20 – 20,000 Hz
Connectivity: Bluetooth, Flash Driver, SD Card and also FM Tuner
- The speakers are easily mountable. They can be drilled on the wall or fixed at a specific place of your choice near its source such as the TV or PC etc.
- The sub-woofer it is accompanied by has great quality bass for the given price point.
- The range of the remote control for these home theater speakers is very less.
- The display on the controls are not quite clear and it will take a little time for you to get used to it.
8. VIZIO SB2821-D6 28-Inch 2.1 Channel Sound bar
Design: A premium-looking exterior with elegant design, these home theater speakers will fit into any sophisticated aesthetics without even trying. The matte black surface with the matte white end is the definition of modern elegance that is the focus of this home theater speakers’ design goals.
Sound Bar Size: 28”
Sound Bar Speakers: 2 x 2.5” Full Range Drivers
Sound Pressure Level: 95 dB
System Frequency: 50 Hz – 19 KHz
Power Input: 120V 60 Hz
- The sound system is impeccable with any connectivity, whether it is with the television or a personal computer.
- Installation is kept as simple as possible so that you don’t have to be an expert in getting yourself the best music experience.
- The input jacks of these home theater speakers are very confusing and they are not properly directed in the manual. You may find difficulty in figuring them out for a while.
- Long-term usage of the speakers may lead to a distortion in the theater sound quality.
7. Bose Solo 5 TV Sound System
Design: These home theater speakers come in the bar structure as the previous speaker mentioned, keeping the design minimal and sophisticated for any desired setup. The blackness in its built makes it mesh with any kind of setting you would want to fit it in and the build is kept heavy and sturdy.
Speaker: 2.6 H x 21.6 W x 3.4 D
Remote control: 4.1 H x 1.6 W x 0.4 D
- Easy setup. You will not have to rummage through the manual much for specific instructions as it is kept as plain and simple as possible.
- In the Bluetooth connectivity, this home theater speaker does not lose its sound quality so easily. You will be able to enjoy crystal clear sound precision with this speaker.
- Other than when connected to the TV, the speakers use its default sound settings which is not the best quality.
- For people with troubled hearing, the enhanced audio mode is required all the time but it is not made accessible in all settings.
6. Logitech Z906 Surround Sound Speaker System Bundle with Bluetooth Audio Adapter
Design: This home theater speakers system comes with 6 piece set which includes subwoofers, satellite speakers, adapters etc. It is kept as compact as possible without having to compromise with the sound quality, hence having adapters to make sure the sound data is not lost during transmission. The minimalist build of the speakers is maintained so that it accentuates the setting of your home theater.
Total watts: 500 Watts
Subwoofer: 165 Watts
Satellites: 4 x 67 Watts
Digital optical input: 2
Six-channel direct input: 1
3.5mm input: 1
RCA input: 1
- Excessive cranking of the highest setting will not distort or create unnecessary noise in the sound.
- Even though the subwoofer is very small in size, the bass is performed superbly.
- The quality of the wiring is a challenge as it does not prove to be too good.
- The control pod of this home theater speaker may not function optimally as it is meant to. It turns itself off after a few hours of inactivity.
5. Pioneer 5.1 Home Theater System HTP-074
Design: This home theater speakers system comes with 5 speaker components and a subwoofer. Even though the structure of the speakers is kept compact and minimal, the glossy black exterior gives this an elegant sheen that will intertwine well with any given PC or television setting. The wireless Bluetooth technology will also help this home theater speakers system to be able to connect and deliver quality music through any device other than the TV.
Power Requirements: AC 120 V, 60 Hz
AV Receiver: 17-1/8 x 6-5/8 x 12-5/8 inches
Surround Speaker: 4-3/16 x 4-9/16 x 4-3/16 inches (106 x 116 x 106 mm)/1.3 lbs.
- Uncompromised sound quality. It provides an impeccable sound delivery without any loss of data and enhances the details so that it is crystal clear.
- Subwoofer levels are extremely versatile and at the utmost levels, the sound does not get corrupted and destroyed.
- Setup and installation can be a little difficult if you have not used a home theater speaker before.
4. Onkyo SKS-HT993THX 7.1 Ch. THX Home Theater Speaker System
Design: These home theater speakers are immaculately designed and tested for the sole satisfaction of customer’s needs. Each of the 8 components serves a unique purpose in order to deliver the best sound possible, without any loss of details. The sturdy, sleek design makes these home theater speakers stand out amongst others and also promises to mesh with the aesthetics of your room.
Front/Center/Surround: 130 W
Surround Back: 130 W
- 5 1/8″ (13 cm) cone woofer x 2
- 1″ (2.5 cm) soft-dome tweeter
- 1″ (2.5 cm) soft-dome tweeter
- The speakers are not too small nor too big. It is designed just right so that it fits into any setting without having to compromise with any sound quality.
- The bass is well delivered without any distortion in both gaming and movies.
- These home theater speakers do not come with any iPod dock.
- The side and back speakers do not have enhanced audio quality and might stand out from the rest of its components.
3. Definitive Technology ProCinema 600 5.1 Home Theater Speaker System
Design: This home theater speaker comes with 6 components that are crafted in a rigid, softened edged structure. The glossy black color is kept to compliment with any interior needed. The edges are smoothed out which makes it look sophisticated and modern. It is equipped with a 3.25-inch midrange/ bass so you do not have to compromise with the sound. It also comes in glossy white.
Total Frequency Response: 22 Hz – 30,000 Hz
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- The satellite speakers are heavier in weight and the sound delivery is stunning. The feel of the speaker is something you will definitely enjoy.
- The promised longevity is no joke. These home theater speakers are here to give you the best service possible.
- The number of plugs needed to set this home theater speaker can come off as a little annoying.
- The higher frequencies can sometimes sound too concentrated and this might make you not want to listen to the sound.
2. Bose Acoustimass 10 Series V Home Theater Speaker System
Design: The tall, sleek structural design is the core of these home theater speakers. The camouflage of these speakers with your house interior and home theater experience will never fall short. The 6 components are designed to give you the best surround sound in spacious areas so that your home theater really feels like a theater. Promises to deliver the lowest notes with great precision.
Power consumptions: 100-127V – 50/60 Hz 270W
Per channel serving: Compatible with A/V receivers and amplifiers rated from 10 to 200 watts
- It is accompanied with thicker wires so there are fewer chances of this getting tangled and looking messy during the setup.
- The subwoofer has a deep range and this will provide you with the best bass without any noise or distortion.
- All the home theater speakers need to be connected physically with the subwoofer which can be a hassle during the installation process
- The speaker stand does not come with a support of the speakers itself, hence making the speaker stand pointless.
1. Klipsch Black Reference Theater Pack 5.1 Surround Sound System
Design: The design of these home theater speakers are kept compact and minimum so that not much floor space is required. You will be able to place these in without any massive space commitment. The black build keeps it nice and sophisticated, helping it mesh with the home interior. The subwoofer comes with stand legs so that it is not directly touching the floor. This ensures the sound to not travel and get “leaked” through the floors.
Frequency Response: 110 – 23,000 Hz
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- The subwoofer is wireless so you will not have to worry hassling with any tangled wires.
- Because these home theater speakers require a minimum amount of space, it is easy to clean around them as well. Subwoofers standing legs also serve the same purpose.
- The wiring of these home theater speakers is very problematic. You will have to pass it through the frame of the speakers.
Any medium of entertainment is highly dependent on the sound it is accompanied by. To be able to properly experience the sound with all its details makes the event more joyous and meaningful. It does not do well when certain portions of the sound are lost or not carried forward properly. This hampers your gaming, movie or even music experience and you end up getting only a portion of what was meant for you. Good home theater speakers will not only enhance the sound that you will hear but also make sure all the intricate details of the sound are kept intact and delivered as it should.