Cheap speakers can come handy anytime. There are times when you might feel the need for a Bluetooth speaker when you don’t have one around. There are times like outdoor hiking and camping trips or at small house parties when one would be very useful. Whatever may be the urgency of buying one, here are the top 10 best cheap speakers that might be just within your budget and still serve you with decent quality music playback. These speakers clearly do not intend to give you a mind-blowing audio output but they are just good enough to serve the purpose they were built for. Mostly, the price range of these speakers is below $50. Thus, it is bound to fall under anyone’s budget.
The reason behind these speakers being incredibly cheap is not a big mystery. The gadgets might have a really good performance but well, you need to keep in mind the durability or the quality of the build material and how long-lasting they might be. The reviews are given for keeping the fact in mind that they might not last long.
Reviews of the Top 10 Best Cheap Speakers in 2018
10. Aptoyu Bluetooth Speakers with 24 Hour Playtime
The Aptoyu Bluetooth Speakers with 24 Hour Playtime are speakers that are a must buy if you want something that will blend in completely with the interior of your house. It has a matte like finish on a metallic body. The highs, mids, and lows are pretty average. The device sits horizontally with powerful dual drivers.
Design: It has a sleek, metallic and cylindrical design.
Connectivity: It supports devices with version 2.1 and above.
Dual drivers: The device contains two drivers on both ends.
Battery Life: It has a battery life of 24 hours.
Power Bank: The speaker can be used to charge devices.
- You can use the Aptoyu Bluetooth Speakers with 24 hours playtime as a power bank too.
- The speaker boasts a battery backup of around 24 hours.
- You can only be satisfied with using this speaker indoors, not outdoors as well.
- The control buttons are not user-friendly.
9. AYL Portable Mini Capsule Speaker System
The AYL portable Mini Capsule Speaker System is one of the most affordable and compact speakers out there. It has great bass for its size. Weighting about 80 grams, is 2 inches in diameter and 1.5 inches in height. It has a twist and lock mechanism to make it compact or elongated with a 400 mAh battery.
Design: The speaker has a mini ball-like shape that can be changed.
Connectivity: It uses Google Chromecast to connect.
Sound: The sound quality is pretty impressive for its size.
Battery Life: 10 hours of proclaimed battery life.
Compact Feature: It can be made more compact by twisting and locking it.
- You will find it to be very portable due to its mini size.
- The sound quality is impressive for its size.
- The device will disappoint you with its absence of Bluetooth connectivity.
- The device plays around 5-6 hours although it claims to last longer.
8. Anker SoundCore nano Bluetooth Speaker with Big Sound
The Anker SoundCore nano Bluetooth Speaker with Big Sound is one of the best speakers when it comes to the quality versus size comparison. It has a strong build with a single button. The mids are strong, lows are weak along with mediocre highs.
Design: It is square shaped with a metallic build.
Connectivity: It has Bluetooth version 4.0.
Sound: It packs a punch in case of loudness but the frequency outputs are mixed.
Battery Life: It has a very poor battery life but claims to run up to 4 hours.
Dimensions: 1.1 x 2.13 x 2.13 inches
Weight: It weighs as light as 83 grams only.
- The speaker has an excellent build quality.
- The speaker will still satisfy you with the sound quality despite the size.
- The device has a very disappointing short battery life.
- Difficulties to increase or decrease volume from the button.
7. AXESS SPBT1031BL
The AXESS SPBT1031BL Portable Bluetooth Indoor/Outdoor 2.1 Hi-Fi Cylinder Loud Speaker comes with a big JBL like Bluetooth speaker that delivers a very loud force of music. It has a wide range of modes and buttons. It even has a rewind button. The volume button is side-scrolling. The mids and highs are audible but the lows are disappointing.
Design: The design is cylindrical and laid out horizontally with a cheap plastic covered look.
Connectivity: The device uses a Bluetooth version 4.0
Sound: The sound quality is very average but for the price, it is good enough.
Weight: It weighs about 2.73 kgs.
Dimensions: 11.5 x 6.8 x 6.3 cm
- The speakers have a bunch of controls that can be used for ease of audio playback.
- It also comes with a mode for listening to FM Radio.
- The build quality is pretty shabby.
- The sound quality definitely misses out on the bass.
6. Mpow Portable Bluetooth Speaker
The Mpow Portable Bluetooth Speaker is one of the most decent Bluetooth speakers in this list. It has a 2600 mAh battery. The build is fairly good. The music has bad midranges but better bass. It covers 33 ft and the bottom is rubber padded.
Design: It has the shape of a gold bar with a metallic body.
Connectivity: It has a Bluetooth 4.1 version for connectivity.
Sound: The sound quality is mediocre but yet good for the price.
Battery Life: It is claimed to have a battery backup of 8 hours.
LED buttons: The control buttons are lined out by blue LEDs.
- The speaker has a very good bass richness.
- The speaker has a rather strong build compared to the price tag it comes with.
- You will face difficulties with carrying this around since it is pretty heavy.
- The speaker has a bad output for midrange frequencies and thus might not be your to everyone’s liking.
5. AXESS SPBL1049 Crystal Vibe
The AXESS SPBL1049 Crystal Vibe LED Bluetooth Wireless Speaker is a one of a kind Bluetooth speaker. Although considered to be a rip-off of the JBL Pulse series, it has a decent LED display quality and music playback. It stands vertically and has two drivers on the top and the bottom. It has buttons at the edge of the bottom.
Design: The design is cylindrical with a crystal uneven surface.
Connectivity: It uses a standard Bluetooth version 4.0.
Sound: The sound quality is pretty basic.
Battery Life: It has a battery of 1650 mAh with no claims of battery life by the manufacturer.
LED body: It has a cylindrical transparent LED body that glows with different modes.
- You will love the different modes of LED light works.
- The LED surround skin has a good finishing.
- The music is not up to the mark.
- The controls are difficult to get used to at first.
4. MOUSAI VS18 Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Super Bass
The MOUSAI VS18 Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Super Bass is a product that might seem very small at first glance, but you will pretty much be baffled at the amount of sound it can produce. Not only that, the positioning of the driver adds to the advantage of being placed on hard surfaces.
Design: The design is like a basket that has a wider bottom.
Connectivity: IT has a wide range of connectivity starting from TF card reading to Bluetooth.
Sound: It has a decent sound that spreads vertically but highly lacks clarity.
FM Radio: The speaker has the ability to capture FM Radio too.
LED Bottom: It has an LED ring at the bottom.
- The music produced is very loud compared to its size.
- The LED at the base adds to the design of the speaker.
- The build quality is poor according to some.
- It definitely requires a hard surface for a clear output.
3. Anker Classic Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
The Anker Classic Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker is one of the best and cheapest speakers in this list. It has a very compact shape with a rubbery finishing. It is very lightweight. The product only comes with Bluetooth connectivity and a relatively poorly lasting battery. It has a range of 33 feet of connectivity.
Design: It is designed in the shape of a cube with a surrounded rubber padding.
Connectivity: It has a standard Bluetooth connection.
Sound: The sound is pretty decent for its size.
Battery Life: It claims to have a battery life of 20 hours.
Weight: It weighs only 250 grams.
Dimensions: 3.2 x 3.2 x 2.4 inches
- You can expect really clear and rich music for its size.
- This speaker has a very good build.
- The lows are dependent on a wooden or hard surface.
- The speaker sadly lasts only up to 3 to 4 hours at max volume.
2. ROCKTECH Sport Portable Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Speakers
The ROCKTECH Sport Portable Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Speakers is a pair of cheap speakers that have a very rough look. It is a tough speaker which means it has a very good build. Not only that, it has a carabiner strap to attach to your bag. It is both water and sand resistant. Moreover, the build quality and music playback ensure that the speaker is great even for outdoors.
Design: It has a square pole like design with uneven rough edges.
Connectivity: It has Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity with NFC.
Sound: The sound is overall impressive with a good bass.
Battery Life: It claims to last up to 12 hours.
Waterproof: The Speaker is IPX4 grade water resistant.
- It has a very tough build which is even waterproof.
- The speaker has good audio quality.
- The bass can be deep but do not expect it to be very deep.
- The voice feature is not to everyone’s liking, so be sure to test it out before purchase.
1. Kissral Portable Bluetooth Speaker
The Kissral Portable Bluetooth Speaker is one of the best speakers out there in the market. It has a decent weight, a matte finish, along with a vertical placement with a silicone strap for ease of portability. This speaker can connect to Amazon’s Echo Dot. It has two 6 W drivers at two ends to deliver super rich bass.
Design: The design of this speaker is cylindrical.
Connectivity: It has a TF and Bluetooth mode.
Sound: It delivers surround sound with a very good audio playback compared to most cheap speakers.
Battery Life: It has a 4400 mAh battery that is claimed by the manufacturer to last up to 24 hours.
Echo Compatible: This affordable speaker even connects with the Amazon’s Echo Dot.
- You will love the bass it delivers during the music playback.
- The speaker has an amazing battery life of 24 hours.
- The build quality seems to be less durable.
- The sound quality is not excellent although the other features are very impressive.
There are a lot of speakers out there that might serve the purpose but in this list of top 10 best cheap speakers, we have shown that build quality can make or break speakers. The compactness of size can bring down the cost of speakers as well. Starting from wired to Bluetooth and even ones with Google Chromecast, they all pack in a handy amount of audio playback. All in all, you will see that the speakers are lagging behind badly in some features while giving a good to a better range of quality. This is because of price matters after all.
- Top 10 Best Car Speakers in 2018
- Best Bluetooth Speakers Under 50 in 2018
- Top 10 Best Wifi Speakers in 2018