Looking for the best Acoustic Guitar Strings? Here are Top 10 of such strings in 2018 which you can choose at affordable prices. Buying the best acoustic guitar strings is essential to your tones and playing elegance. Acoustic guitar strings are stick-in-the-mud units as contrary to electric guitars. They rarely get the improvement and coloring effects of which electric guitars acquire from pedals and amps. So you achieve the raw tone from your strings with no added effects at all. This unique feature makes the Acoustic guitar more suitable and has a variety of strings to adjust the tone as you wish. It is advisable to choose the strings wisely as the wrong choice would result to either; damage to your guitar or limit your skills and having fun. Read on for a discussion of the top 10 best acoustic guitar strings in 2018.
Best Acoustic Guitar Strings in 2018
- 1 Reviews of the Top 10 Best Acoustic Guitar Strings in 2018
- 1.1 10. Ernie Ball 2146 Earthwood Medium Light Acoustic Phosphor Bronze String Set (12 – 54)
- 1.2 9. DR Strings VTA-13 Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings, Medium
- 1.3 8. Martin M170 80/20 Acoustic Guitar Strings, Extra Light 3 Pack
- 1.4 7. Elixir Strings 80/20 Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings w NANOWEB Coating, Light (.012-.053)
- 1.5 6. Elixir Strings 80/20 Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings w POLYWEB Coating, Medium (.013-.056)
- 1.6 5. Ernie Ball Earthwood Medium Light 80/20 Bronze Sets, .012 – .054 (3 Pack)
- 1.7 4. Martin M150 80/20 Acoustic Guitar Strings, Medium 3 Pack
- 1.8 3. D’Addario EJ17-3D Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings, Medium, 13-56, 3 Sets
- 1.9 2. D’Addario EJ16-10P Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings, Light, 10 Sets
- 1.10 1. Elixir Strings Acoustic 80/20 Bronze Guitar Strings with NANOWEB Coating, 12-String Heavy (.013-.056)
- 2 Conclusion
Reviews of the Top 10 Best Acoustic Guitar Strings in 2018
10. Ernie Ball 2146 Earthwood Medium Light Acoustic Phosphor Bronze String Set (12 – 54)
Among the best acoustic guitar strings in 2018, we have these by Ernie Ball. They have a great association with major prominent musicians. They include Paul McCartney, John Mayer, Brad Paisley as well as Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day among others. Their design includes brass-plated, high carbon steel round wires and nano-treated phosphor bronze wrap wire that one gets deep as well as rich bass together with clear bright trebles. In addition to that, they last for long hence earning a place among the best acoustic guitar strings. The material of the plain strings is tin-plated high-carbon steel. It comes as a 12 string set. Dimensions are 4.5 x 0.2 x 4.5 inches. The weight is 1.28 ounces.
• Its sound is not only rich but also expressive
• The tone is warm.
• Expect top-notch clarity.
• The materials are copper, tin and phosphorous wire and their percentages are 92%, 7.7%, and 0.3%, respectively.
• For freshness, it comes with element shield packaging
• Manufactures are in California, USA
9. DR Strings VTA-13 Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings, Medium
The next product that manages to grab a position among the best acoustic guitar strings is by DR Strings. They are what you need to make any guitar come alive. With the help of the adoption of the Accurate Core Technology (ACT), the manufacturer has come up with a great piece. That together with its robust core wire offers, accuracy, tone as well as durability. Best suited for acoustic guitars, these strings come as a set of 6 pieces. They have round winding. The materials are AVT steel and phosphor bronze for core material and the winding, respectively. These strings have neither surface coating nor treatment. Nevertheless, they are durable. The string gauge is .013. Dimensions are 4 x 0.3 x 4 inches. The weight is 0.32 ounces.
• They have one of the greatest tuning stability
• They are non-coated but still durable.
• The strings last four times longer than other similar products.
8. Martin M170 80/20 Acoustic Guitar Strings, Extra Light 3 Pack
The silky feel is one of the many reasons why this product is also on our list of the best acoustic guitar strings in 2018. Others include the great sound and durability. The C.F. Martin & Co are well-known for their impressive guitars. It is the same case when it comes to the strings. With a material such as 80/20 bronze and tin plated steel core, the durability is apparent. When it comes to performance and playability, these strings will not disappoint. A musician also gets the exact tone that they intend to bring out. In addition to that, the clarity and response are also excellent. The string gauge is .01. The tension 130.2. Dimensions are 4.72 x 5.91 x 4.72 inches. The weight is 2.88 ounces.
• The package includes three sets with six strings each
• They are ideal for all players regardless of the experience.
• Clarity is a guarantee.
• They also offer a bright tone.
7. Elixir Strings 80/20 Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings w NANOWEB Coating, Light (.012-.053)
It is no surprise that prominent musicians such as John Paul White, Arthur Lee Land, Kaki King, Bob Taylor, Wayne Sermon, and Greg V. use these strings. They are among the best acoustic guitar strings when it comes to prolonging one’s tone. The strings are a significant investment since they last for long and also gives a warm sound. They come as a set of 6 strings. Their winding type is the acoustic wound. The materials of the core and the winding are steel and bronze, respectively. The nanoweb coating improves the look and also promotes longevity. Dimensions are 0.6 x 4.1 x 4.7 inches while the weight is 0.8 ounces.
• Its feel is not only smooth but also traditional.
• It has a rich, bright, full tone.
• The tone with last for a long time.
• Expect no corrosion either.
6. Elixir Strings 80/20 Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings w POLYWEB Coating, Medium (.013-.056)
These best acoustic guitar strings let you jam on and on. Strummers all over the world trust the guitar’s strings because they produce an incredible tone, better than any other guitar strings available in the market. The guitar’s strings are all coated with Elixir. This protects both the outer string as well as the gaps between the windings where the tone-deadening gunk mostly builds up.
• The guitar bronze wrap wires are 80% copper and 20% zinc.
• Has a POLYWEB Coating which provides a soft and smooth feel.
• Patented technology protects against corrosion
• The guitar’s medium gage is 013 .017 .026 .035 .045 and .056
• Weighs 0.8 ounces
5. Ernie Ball Earthwood Medium Light 80/20 Bronze Sets, .012 – .054 (3 Pack)
The strings of these strings are of 80% copper and 20% zinc wrapped around the hex shaped brass plated carbon steel core cords. That is one of the best acoustic guitars and has the most popular acoustic guitar strings. Most musicians have used it, the likes of the Eagles, Joe Bonamassa, and Elvis Costello. It weighs 1.6 ounces and measures 4.5 x 0.2 x 4.5 inches.
• Comes with plain strings that are of tempered tin plated carbon steel
• Strings provide a balanced projection with topnotch highs.
• The strings come with a shield packaging which helps to protect and prolong their life.
• Made in California with hand-picked materials
4. Martin M150 80/20 Acoustic Guitar Strings, Medium 3 Pack
This guitar is very affordable, and its strings comprisesn3 pack quality strings. Its strings are made of M150 80/20bronze composite alloy and produce crisp sounds. The sound from this guitar is clear and brilliant. The guitar’s bronze winding strands not only presents a deep tone but they will create a rich bass and a clear treble
• Bronze alloy for long life
• Affordable price
• Studio-quality sound
• Gauges: .013-.056.
3. D’Addario EJ17-3D Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings, Medium, 13-56, 3 Sets
This guitar was introduced by D’Addario back in 1974. Since then, the item has remained to be the world’s popular acoustic guitar string. It produces a warm and balanced tone. The Phosphor Bronze is precision wound on a high carbon steel core. The result is a long lasting guitar that produces a bright sound with perfect intonation. It weighs 0.64 ounces and measures 1 x 1 x 1 inch.
• It is the most popular choice for heavy strumming resonance projecting tone and flat picking
• It is loved for its warm bright and also perfectly balanced acoustic sound
• Made in the US with hand-picked materials
• It has several string gauges.
2. D’Addario EJ16-10P Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings, Light, 10 Sets
This is also the world’s most popular acoustic guitar string that produces a warm tone. It entered into the market in 1974. The guitar comes with a high carbon steel core as well as plain steel wire. Its gauges range from extra light to medium.
• Purchase ten sets and save with this great corrosion resistant pack.
• They are the most famous acoustic guitar strings
• They produce a well-balanced audible tone
• Made in the US with high-quality material for high-quality performance
1. Elixir Strings Acoustic 80/20 Bronze Guitar Strings with NANOWEB Coating, 12-String Heavy (.013-.056)
The guitar strings come with the Acoustic 80/20 Bronze with NANOWEB coating that delivers a bright and lively tone. Also, the coating ensures that these strings last longer. The strings provide a smooth feel and consistent performance. Also, they reduce finger squeak. Strings measure 4.2 x 4.7 x 0.8 inches while they weigh 1.6 ounces.
• 12 guitar strings of heavy gauge
• Retains their tone more than any other uncoated strings
• 80/20 Bronze with NANOWEB Coating
• The anti-rust plain steel resists tone-deadening corrosion making the strings to last longer than most guitar strings in the market.
Acoustic guitar strings have different potentials in generating unique tones. Make your life music life simple and easy by avoiding periodical replacement of strings and being seen as cruet in guitar playing. That will be possible when you choose the best strings for your guitar. Save yourself from embarrassments of damaging your guitar when performing.
Related Posts :